- Rosenfield, John. The Arts of India and Nepal: The Nasli and Alice Heeramaneck Collection. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1966.
- Buck, Robert T.; Cathcart, Linda L.; Tuchman, Maurice and Gerald Norland. O'Hern, John, ed. Richard Diebenkorn: Paintings and Drawings, 1943-1976. Buffalo : Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1977.
Pal, Pratapaditya, Thomas W. Lentz, Sheila R. Canby, Edwin Binney, 3rd, Walter B. Denny, and Stephen Markel. "Arts from Islamic Cultures: Los Angeles County Museum of Art." Arts of Asia 17, no. 6 (November/December 1987): 73-130.
- Pal, Pratapaditya, Janice Leoshko, Joseph M. Dye, III, Stephen Markel. Romance of the Taj Mahal. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1989.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art Members' Calendar 1992, vol. 29-30, no. 12-1 (December, 1991-January, 1993).
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art Members' Calendar 1993, vol. 31, no. 1-11 (January-November, 1993).
- Markel, Stephen. "The Use of Flora and Fauna Imagery in Mughal Decorative Arts." Marg 50, no. 3 (March 1999).
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art. New York: Thames and Hudson, 2003.