Andrew S. Ciechanowiecki (1924–2015), London, by 1973, sold 2000 to; LACMA.
- Lehmbeck, Leah, editor. Gifts of European Art from The Ahmanson Foundation. Vol. 2, French Painting and Sculpture. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2019.
- The Changing Image: Aspects of Nineteenth-Century French Art. Peoria, IL, Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences, 1980. catalogue by J. Patrice Marandel (published in Lakeview Museum Bulletin 2, no. 2 )
- Reymert, Martin L.H. ed.; Robert J.F. Kashey ed..Christian imagery in French nineteenth century art, 1789-1906. New York : The Gallery, 1980
- Walch, Peter, , Joanna R. Barnes, J. Patrice Marandel. French Oil Sketches and the Academic Tradition. New York : American Federation of Arts in association with the University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994.
- Marandel, J. Patrice. French oil sketches from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 17th century - 19th century. Los Angeles: The Ahmanson Foundation, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2002.