- Lehmbeck, Leah, editor. Gifts of European Art from The Ahmanson Foundation. Vol. 2, French Painting and Sculpture. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2019.
- Laveissière, Sylvain, Paola Hoffman, Birgitta Sandström, et al. Bénigne Gagneraux (1765-1795), un pittore francese nella Roma di Pio VI (exh. cat.). Dijon: Musée des Beaux-Arts, 1983
- Walch, Peter, , Joanna R. Barnes, J. Patrice Marandel. French Oil Sketches and the Academic Tradition. New York : American Federation of Arts in association with the University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994.
- Marandel, J. Patrice. French oil sketches from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 17th century - 19th century. Los Angeles: The Ahmanson Foundation, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2002.
- Perry, Marilyn. New York: Samuel H. Kress Foundation, 2006.