- Sutton, Peter C. The Age of Rubens. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1993.
- Bauman, Guy C., and Walter A. Liedtke. Flemish Paintings in America: a Survey of Early Netherlandish and Flemish Paintings in the Public Collections of North America. Antwerp: Fonds Mercator, 1992.
- Lehmbeck, Leah, editor. Gifts of European Art from The Ahmanson Foundation. Vol. 3, Dutch Painting, Flemish Painting, Spanish Painting and Sculpture. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2019.
- Bindman, David. Hogarth and His Times: Serious Comedy. London: British Museum Press, 1997.
- Beckett, Sister Wendy. Sister Wendy's American Collection, Toby Eady Associates, ed. Harper Collins Publishers, 2000.
- Jeromack, Paul. "High Taste, Low Budget." Art & Auction (February 2002):
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art. New York: Thames and Hudson, 2003.
- Yeager-Crasselt, Lara. Michael Sweerts (1618-1664): Shaping the Artist and the Academy in Rome and Brussels. Turnhout: Brepols, 2015.
Marandel, J. Patrice. Abecedario: Collecting and Recollecting. Los Angeles: Art Catalogues; LACMA, 2017.