- Jeromack, Paul. "High Taste, Low Budget." Art & Auction 24, no.2 (2002): 84-93.
- Weller, Dennis P. Sinners & Saints: Darkness and Light: Caravaggio and his Dutch and Flemish Followers. Raleigh: North Carolina Museum of Art, 1998.
- Lehmbeck, Leah, editor. Gifts of European Art from The Ahmanson Foundation. Vol. 1, Italian Painting and Sculpture. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2019.
- Beckett, Sister Wendy. Sister Wendy's American Collection, Toby Eady Associates, ed. Harper Collins Publishers, 2000.
- Brown, Beverly Louise, ed. The Genius of Rome, 1592-1623. London: Royal Academy of Arts, 2001.
- Marandel, J. Patrice and Gianni Papi. 2012. Caravaggio and his Legacy. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Aurigemma, Maria Giulia, ed. Carlo Saraceni, 1579-1620: Un Veneziano tra Roma e l'Europa. Rome: De Luca, 2013.