1865 Ary Ascheffer, estate sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, May 15-17, 1865, no. 11, sold for 1,600 F, Charles Paravey;
1865 -1878 Charles Paravey, Frace, Paris, estate sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, April 13, 1878, no. 25, sold for 1,000 F).
Mme Raynaud, France, Paris.
Anonymous, sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, December 4, 1973, no. 116.
by 1980 - 2000 Andrew Ciechanowiecki, United Kingdom, England, London, sold;
2000 - present Los Angeles County Museum of Art, United States, California, Los Angeles
- Kolb, Marthe. Ary Scheffer et son temps, 1795-1858. Paris: Boivin & Cie, 1937
- The Changing Image: Aspects of Nineteenth-Century French Art. Peoria, IL, Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences, 1980. catalogue by J. Patrice Marandel (published in Lakeview Museum Bulletin 2, no. 2 )
- Ewals, Leo. Ary Scheffer: Sa vie et son oeuvre. PhD thesis Catholic University of Nijmegen [now Rabound Univ. Nijmegen], the Netherlands, 1987
- Walch, Peter, , Joanna R. Barnes, J. Patrice Marandel. French Oil Sketches and the Academic Tradition. New York : American Federation of Arts in association with the University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994.
- Marandel, J. Patrice. French oil sketches from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 17th century - 19th century. Los Angeles: The Ahmanson Foundation, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2002.