- Marandel, J. Patrice. French Oil Sketches from an English Collection, Seventeenth, Eighteenth, and Nineteenth Centuries 1973-1975. Houston, TX: The Museum of Fine Arts, 1975.
- Ananoff, Alexandre, and Daniel Wildenstein. François Boucher. 2 vols. Lausanne and Paris: La Bibliothèque des Arts, 1976
- Ananoff, Alexander. and Daniel Wildenstein. L'Opera completa di François Boucher. 1980.
- Wintermute, Alan P. “Inventory of Paintings by the Ten ‘First Painters to the King’ in Public Collections in the United States.” In Colin Bailey, ed., The First Painters of the King: French Royal Taste from Louis XIV to the Revolution (exh. cat.). New York: Stair Sainty Matthiesen, 1985.
- Three masters of French Rococo : Boucher, Fragonard, Lancret. Tokyo, Japan : Tenrankai Katarogu Iinkai, 1990
- Walch, Peter, , Joanna R. Barnes, J. Patrice Marandel. French Oil Sketches and the Academic Tradition. New York : American Federation of Arts in association with the University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994.
- Marandel, J. Patrice. French oil sketches from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 17th century - 19th century. Los Angeles: The Ahmanson Foundation, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2002.
- Jeromack, Paul. "High Taste, Low Budget." Art & Auction (February 2002):